Friday, May 8, 2015

British Literature Class Notes -- Week 15 (May 7)

Greetings!

We had a wonderful final class for our British Literature class.  We finished our last reading selection, The 39 Steps by John Buchan.  While the book is full of implausibilities, the action of the plot made it a fun read.  One student expressed the wish that it would make a great longer book with more of the details filled in. 

We only took about a third of our class time to discuss the book because I had planned a final exam.  I had written last week that it would be a Bingo game.  I lied.  It was a Jeopardy game instead.  (You can go here and play it for yourselves.)  The students did well and were rewarded with prizes.  

There was some confusion about the Reflection Papers.  In my other classes, I had the students write their reflections as part of the class.  If any of the students didn't write one, they can write one and e-mail it to me.  

My goal is to have grades out by next Thursday.  I have to say that this is one of my favorite classes to teach. This year's group of students were especially loquacious, making the class discussions fascinating.

Assignments for Next Week:
-- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Links for this week:
Class Notes

Have a wonderful summer!
Mrs. Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment