Friday, May 10, 2013

British Literature Class Notes -- May 8 (Week 15 -- Final Class)

Greetings!

We've reached the end of a great semester.  The end of a school year at CHAT is always a little bittersweet.  While I won't miss getting up so early and commuting from Northfield, I'm always a little sad to end a good class.  Teaching these 3 bright students has been a great delight.  Not once did I encounter a bored shrug of the shoulders or an unwillingness to dig a little deeper into a piece of literature. Even when something, like "Ode on a Grecian Urn," seemed a bit obscure, they worked hard to understand.

We ended the class with a "final exam."  Actually, it was a Bingo game; all of the little boxes were filled with authors, titles, and characters from British Literature.  In order to claim the prizes that I brought for them, they had give answers to the clues that were given.  I brought scones, and Luke brought treats; unfortunately Daniel was on a trip and missed out on the fun.


Next year I will again be teaching Writing 1, Writing 2, Writing 3 -- Research and Writing (fall semester), British Literature (spring semester) and a new class, Latin I.  You can find descriptions and schedule on the CHAT website.  

I will be sending out grades within the next few days.  You'll find a blog post with my thoughts on grades.  For those who have had other classes with me, you'll know that I don't put too much value on letter grades, especially for writing and literature classes.  To me, they always seem a little too subjective.

Thanks for making this a wonderful class by engaging so thoughtfully in the class discussions!


Have a great summer,
Mrs. Prichard

This week's blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment